View Single Post
Old 03-24-10, 03:04 PM   #93
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Default Re: I have seen the future....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
Since when is being an NV Focus Group member a bad thing? There were and still are great people out there, that helped the community and for that, were offered the position. If ATI or NV approached anyone in here, with similar offer, who would turn it down?
I would never take free products in exchange for the right to express my own opinion. If I wanted free hardware I'd start reviewing them thus helping the community instead of doing the opposite.

Quote:
And it's not like they are hiding, not anymore that is

There's at least a dozen people, that are working for Intel or ATI/AMD and are posting things aimed to hurt the competition and you don't even know it.
I've seen AMD employees post on xtremesystems and they've all gotten pretty beat down by others.

Quote:
Unless people, that hate PhysX just because it is owned by NV stop posting or come to senses, it's all pointless. Look at XS forums and the thread about Havok in the News section. Doing nothing is considered better than doing anything by some, just because it involves ATI...
You need to understand that people don't hate PhysX in any way. People just don't like it when they're being lied to. If nvidia were to enable proper multi-core support in their drivers and let ATI users buy an nvidia product to run PhysX most people wouldn't have a problem with it. Right now however it is only being used to hurt gamers that aren't using nvidia GPUs.
PhysX is a glimpse of what the future of gaming holds in store for us and the demos clearly show that.