View Single Post
Old 03-24-10, 06:34 PM   #108
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Default Re: I have seen the future....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
And what limiting Fps in the first place?....I mean,if we need to use a faster CPU to get even higher Fps results,so that there's more physics calculations to be handled regardless of the option you pick,it kinda defeats the purpose of using it in the first place,since one of the marketing angles used for GPU physics is not having to buy the fastest CPU possible,since the the GPU is taking over the physics calculations,leaving less work for the CPU anyhow.

It's one of the grey areas regarding the issue to say the least.
What I meant is that the GPU is limiting the FPS in that benchmark, not the CPU. A dedicated PhysX processor is always going to be limited by the GPU, not the other way around. You'd have to use a benchmark like fluidmark to properly compare the performance between the Ageia PPU, 9600 and 9800.