View Single Post
Old 03-26-10, 09:08 PM   #39
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Default Re: Your opinion on the GTX 470 & 480

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
I just love 480 SLI and its scaling! Really impressed with it and finally a worthy upgrade!

Also I'm impressed by nV's performance at brand new games like Metro and Just Cause 2 - that just shows their engagement in the industry.

I don't see why the power consumption is such a big deal. The card will be running idle most of the times anyway. And at idle, there's only a ~20W difference between the 480 and the 5870. The few hours of maxed out load won't make a huge difference on the power bill. Get a more efficient refrigerator, LCD TV or vacuum cleaner if you really care about power savings and make a difference
Yup I for one wouldn't take that into consideration when choosing a 500 video card. SLI GTX 480 looked pretty sweet! Too bad a little thing called life keeps me from pouring that much money into this hobby. You're gonna have an awesome rig with that combination and your i7 980x.

As for Hell_of_Doom's change of heart, my theory is that the shock of fermi not outperfoming the competition by a minimum of 50% in every game got his already messed up head messed up and the messes then took each other out and now he's normal. Really tiread right now from waiting on the NDA to lift - it's 4am here right now.