View Single Post
Old 03-28-10, 02:17 AM   #55
Slytat

Default Re: Man, it is sooo hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Absolutely agreed. I was trying to point out that yesterday: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...2&postcount=26

And computerbase.de even used the Corsair Obsidian 800D - a really bad air cooling case!
Although they don't mention if they had the side panel on or not.
Nah, there is no overreacting. If you watch that HardOCP video, there is really no comparison with any other card I have seen (and I've owned a few).

The 480 was up to 95c in about 20 seconds and I cannot stress this enough, it was not in a case.

I'm happy you guys are going to buy them and I hope they work out for you but this point cannot be played down I'm afraid.

They are certainly not the disaster that some people predicted but heat is a big issue and the single reason that I won't be buying Nvidia this time round (and I really wanted to).

With after market cooling or LC, maybe things will work out but as I mentioned before, when these things get into consumers hands, there are going to be problems.

Maybe not for you guys who actually have a clue what you are doing but with 1 running so hot, I can only imagine what kind of heat 2 or more are going to produce (in a RW environment).

I hope the 32nm refresh isn't far off and more efficient as I prefer Nvidia at the end of the day.
Slytat is offline   Reply With Quote