View Single Post
Old 03-30-10, 01:06 AM   #111
Muppet

Default Re: Man, it is sooo hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2 View Post
That's the way to do it.

Now if I preferred Nvidia in my box and was a watercooler like yourself I'd have no second thoughts about this. That should work out well for you. Sure, you have your down sides like ambient temperatures around you rising (I remember how much I used to sweat around my 8800GTX SLI from all the heat coming off the radiator...) and it impacts other components in your loop (if you have any.) But going with these on water is much more reasonable than air. And not only that, but the cards seem to scale really well from overclocking, and this will give you that edge.

If there ever was a card destined for water, these are it.

I'm afraid that guys on air are going to see a very high failure rate. From Mike's tests, even 100% fan speed wasn't enough to keep the temps from hovering around 100c, which is nuts. I know it's Furmark, but still.
I have a feeling it makes the most sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvin View Post
Well I think I'm going to go for a 480gtx and use the Omni ALC.
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/new..._support_fermi
I did see that. I'd be interested to see your results.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote