View Single Post
Old 03-30-10, 12:54 PM   #20
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Default Re: With 480's Updated Drivers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee_Dee_3_Dee View Post
Oops, sry, I just noticed your reply, Toss3.

Well, it makes complete sense the way you say it, Toss.

But I've wanted the new PSU so long. Here it is, if you didn't guess which one: SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W. It is awesome! (I've got 13 reviews bookmarked if you want 'em.)

But my existing system could use it already. You see, I lucked out that my Corsair 620HX PSU has worked from day one with a GTX295. But it shouldn't get as hot as it does. So I've needed the SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W, for 13 months now. Call it for safety-sake. And with five Hard Drives and even a Dual TV Card for a while, it has been a real stretch. Is that luck or what? (A 620 Watt PSU powering a GTX295 and five HDDs and an OCed CPU, for 13 months now. For three months it included a Duel TV Card too. But that's what you get when you buy the best. It was originally for an 8800GTX.)

Noise wise, Corsair's HAF-932 case has the best fans. And they should be quiet enough. I want the relief that a cool system will bring and I don't care about noise, if there's any. See, with two and three systems running at once you'd never notice because they cancel each other out.

I see you have an i7 up to 4.0GHz! w00t! Congrats Toss!

I know the Corsair's HAF-932 case is the way to go no matter what the CPU or how it's clocked. Cooling never hurt anything. And I can hear right now, the GTX480 I'm going to get, saying, "Put me in an HAF930" And, "I want a SeaSonic X750 PSU".
Your's is going to be a great system for sure, but you need to remember that not everyone has the components to properly house a GTX 480. I'd get one if it weren't for the 5850s and their great price. Two for the price of one GTX 480 is just too great a deal to pass up.

CF 5850s also won't require a new PSU.

4.0Ghz on an i7 on water is not really that great, but as I have a C0 revision it won't post on anything higher than that without having to go over 1.4V.