View Single Post
Old 04-02-10, 08:11 AM   #2
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
*BANNED*

Default Re: A little disappointed in Nvidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siskods9 View Post
I too was a little underwhelmed by FERMI, though depending on your existing card FERMI might be a fantastic upgrade for a lot of people.

I think FERMI is too hot, too expensive and offers only marginal gains over a 5870.

As always spend as much as you can and get the best value for your money and live with your purchase for as long as you can until the upgrade fever starts again...
I'm just curious, so don't take it wrong...

If somebody posted Benchmarks, comparing an HD5870 with its original drivers versus a GTX480, the gains would not be marginal. Let alone, if the GTX480 had its best drivers, from say several weeks from now, and the HD5870 had it's original drivers, the gains would definitely not be marginal.

The numbers would be the proof.

So far I have bookmarked 13, GTX480 Benchmarks/Reviews. This week I'm going to try and bookmark some original HD5870 benchmarks with its original drivers, and compare them with the GTX480.

The reason I'm so curious is, that asking if a GTX480 is worth an extra $75 after seeing the numbers comparing the two of them with the drivers I've suggested, should be asked. Just like it has been asked up until now. And isn't that fare? Or is it only fare to ask before you reverse the time-line? (That would be illogical, right?)
Bee_Dee_3_Dee is offline   Reply With Quote