View Single Post
Old 04-02-10, 09:51 AM   #13
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
*BANNED*

Default Re: A little disappointed in Nvidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
I'm more disappointed in the price per performance and heat ratio.

You can't deny the performance on this card this early in the game is GOOD, at least on the 480. I have a 285 and I don't think it's worth it to go with a 470, at least a single one. I may either go with another 285, a single 5870 or dual 5850's. Not sure yet.

Nvidia cards are a little harder to find these days due to what seems to be a cut in production. I think the price has recently gone up on the 260-286-295's. If I can find a 285 cheap, I may roll with it. The problem is I won't have DX11 with 285 SLI and a single 5870 will use less power than 285 SLI and it will have DX11.

What will probably happen for me is I'll wait for the 480 refresh that will be cooler, use less power and be cheaper, but that's a ways off.
Yes, you absolutely right Yaboze.

At first I forgot about the GTX285 being DX10. SLIed, and they would stand up to a GTX480 if compared DX10 only.

But no DX11!?

Well, you should take advantage of the lack of interest in the GTX480 and get one. Because you will see 50%-60% improvement in Games and that is a clear YES! YES! YES! in the, when to upgrade formula.

Imagine doubling the FPS in all your games. And your GTX285 will not go to waste. It will be the ultimate backup/Testing card.

Or, like I said, take advantage of the lack of interest in the GTX480, again, by selling your GTX285! Now! Now! Now! While you can still get a good price for it. I bet you get good money for it. And just set a good minimum price and you can't go wrong.

GL. u should sell it, and that dramatically reduces the cost of upgrading. i think ur lucky. its my GTX295 that is a much bigger question.
Bee_Dee_3_Dee is offline   Reply With Quote