View Single Post
Old 04-02-10, 11:28 AM   #22
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Default Re: A little disappointed in Nvidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee_Dee_3_Dee View Post
You sound upset Toss3. Are you? I apologize if I upset you. And I'm not being sarcastic.

The simplest questions (things that involve just three or more factors) are extremely complicated as far as possibilities. And therefore they require organization and logic in order to ascertain an answer.

And if I failed at asking a simple question correctly, and caused you to think I was asking something that I was not asking, then I apologize Toss3. It was not my intention to do so.

I was not suggesting anything about the HD5850. If you wish to argue something about the HD5850, then I'm more than willing to listen.

I'm not upset at all. I'm just saying that the GTX 480 isn't the best bang for the buck that's all. You get better performance with two 5850 in CF and lower power consumption.
I also wouldn't base my decision on computerbase's benchmarks as they used a lot of different drivers for their tests and there's no way of knowing if they used a proper Dirt 2 benchmark that doesn't utilize DX9 on the GTX480.

120Hz 3D gaming is also supported on ATi with the latest drivers from iz3d. Still in BETA though.