View Single Post
Old 04-02-10, 07:02 PM   #65
Heinz68

Default Re: A little disappointed in Nvidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee_Dee_3_Dee View Post
How many Reviews/Benchmarks have you Bookmarked as of now, Heinz68?

What if I showed you Benchmarks where the GTX480 beat the HD5890. And not just the HD5870?

What would you say then?

You'd say something like, well I don't even play that game?

Or, my monitor doesn't go up that high?

If it can beat it in a few games, with the first drivers ever released for it. And, if it can beat it at a few resolutions, with the first drivers ever released for it.

What then, will it do, with newer drivers?

Beat it even more, is the logical answer. Right?

The HD5970's drivers are maxed out and newer ones are not going to gain anymore performance for the card. But the GTX480 will keep improving performance for the next 4 to 20 weeks easily.

Such a useless argument it is just unbelievable, since very few people buy a $500 Graphic Card to play one game, they compare the average performance and the other factors which I pointed out.

Anyway there is not such animal like HD5890 so GTX480 can't beat it at least not yet. It's going to be kind of impossible for you to show it to me.

I can find some benches were the HD 5970 was faster than GTX 480 SLI, same useless.

The fact is the HD 5970 is the fastest card on the market, get used to it.

I had not any problem to give NVIDIA credit for the fastest card when the GTX 295 came out and NEVER argued otherwise even though the GTX 295 was not faster in every game than the HD 4870 X2 I had at that time. Actually on some games at 2560 x 1600 with higher settings the GTX 295 was getting zero ratings (unplayable) due to shortage of WRAM.

People also don't buy Graphic Card to SPECULATE what future drivers might or might not do.

ATI has hard time to get the developers cooperation on some of the TWIMTBP games when not released (some time even after release), NVIDIA had much longer time to work on such drivers.

NVIDIA had much more time to work on the drivers than ATI had when they released the first HD 5*** cards.

GTX 400 cards were about 6 months delayed but the basic architecture didn't change so the driver team had plenty of times to work on the drivers.

------------------------------------------------------------
Core i7 980X EE @ 4316 MHz 1.35V - Corsair Hydro Series H50
ASUS Rampage II Extreme - Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 12GB Triple-Channel
Sapphire HD 6990 - ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe
Intel X25-M 160GB 34nm G2 SSD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 32mb
Cosmos S Case - Corsair HX1000W PSU
Pioner Blu-ray Burner 6X BD-R - Westinghouse LVM-37w3, 37inch 1080p
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel - Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
Sennheiser RS 180 - Windows 7 64-bit Pro
Heinz68 is offline   Reply With Quote