Thread: mplayer vdpau
View Single Post
Old 04-03-10, 03:58 AM   #1233
cehoyos
FFmpeg developer

Default Re: mplayer vdpau

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklein49 View Post
I came on here today looking to see what I was doing wrong that I was unable to play back 1080p60 h264 encoded video. I just got a Panasonic HDC-TM700 which records h264 video at 1080p60 with a bit rate around 28mb/s. I was disappointed when the video did not play back smoothly using VDPAU. I would max out around 45 fps.

After scanning this thread, it looks like I don't have a problem but the hardware simply does not support what I was hoping to do. I tried decoding with software using a e8500 cpu and was unsucsesfull as well.
I wanted to write "works fine for me on an E8400", but I just realized that it only just works without continuously dropping frames (vo gl which is supposed to be as fast as vo vdpau drops frames).
Please make sure that you are using latest svn (there have been improvements lately), that you use a decent compiler (I recommend gcc 4.4.3 or icc 11.1.069, to make sure I just tested gcc 3.4.6, and it is slower) and that you are compiling for x86_64 (32 bit mplayer drops frames for me).
If you are still seeing frame-drops (or if you need a fast solution), please test -lavdopts skiploopfilter=all (and please report if you see any difference in the decoded picture!).

For VDPAU, you have to use -lavdopts skipframe=nonref

Carl Eugen
cehoyos is offline   Reply With Quote