View Single Post
Old 10-27-03, 11:21 PM   #1
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|
Default GeForceFX 5950 Ultra Overclocking

I have the eVGA GeForceFX 5950 Ultra. Decided to use the 'auto-detect' feature to see how high this beast would go. It set itself to 647/1.12Ghz! Very impressive but I figured there was no way it ran stable, well fired up the second CoD Demo, ran perfectly stable but noticed a very small amount of texture artifacting. Clocked the ram down a couple of mhz back to 1.10Ghz, once again ran perfectly stable but this time with no artifacting. GPU temp maxed out at 43C after several minutes of gaming but I'm going to run a looping demo later to get a *true* max reading. Think I lucked up on a good o'c er. Also I listened for the gpu fan to spin up when it entered 3D mode, you could barely tell. I'm not sure what NVidia did to quiet down this newest vers of the CoolFX but whatever it was, it has sure paid off because it works.

Just wanted to pass along some of my personal experiences before someone tries to completely write off their latest highend offering cause coupled with w/ the Det 50's, things are getting much brighter
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote