Thread: Ubuntu 10.04
View Single Post
Old 04-05-10, 03:49 PM   #14
Redeemed

Default Re: Ubuntu 10.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post
depending on your hardware, the boot time is amazing. my netbook boots in about 14 seconds. Also, the ease of hardware use is great too. i plugged in my vzw phone and it auto configured the connection for me. next, i plugged in my usb HP multi function printer and bam, it installed all the drivers (including the scanner) and it worked. no need to hit hp.com and install 130mb of drivers. next, the new theme adds a nice level of polish to an otherwise very ugly interface. face it - the brown sucked. next, the battery life has been great too, easily getting 6 hours or so of heavy usage. Also, flash doesnt run like crap anymore either. there are small interface changes that are welcome also..

lol - sorry for the rambling. its been a long morning.

EDIT - notice the new avatar Redeemed?
Homer? Is he supposed to be the president?

EDIT: NO! He's a priest!!! Is this supposed to imply something? Not trying to be dense, but I am trying to not jump to conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I may have 2 or 3 more rigs coming and had pretty much settled on FC. maybe I'll give this a shot again.
I'm slowly building up an AXP 3200 based rig. Mostly going to use it to fiddle with Server 2008 (I have zero experience with the OS) and also as a dedicated Linux rig. Really looking forward to being able to dabble freely with Linux and not worrying about borking my main rig in any way, shape, or form.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote