View Single Post
Old 04-06-10, 11:59 AM   #76
Heinz68

Default Re: Physx Games Coming out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN52373 View Post
Disagree. Is there a standard for multi monitors and spanning the res for gaming? No, but yet ATI brought it out to gamers anyways. Maybe MS will adoupt it for DX in an update or v12 maybe they wont. Does that make it any less legitiment for gamers? NO.

PhysX is the same. Right now, there is no STANDARD as you want to call it for having in game physics. look at all the options devs have. Physx, Havok, Bullet, ODE but yet none are part of DX. Maybe MS will add it, maybe it wont, doesn't make it any less legitiment. Just because Nvidia is doing all the legwork to get something that can add something to games for gamers doesn't make it worthless.
Absolutely wrong comparison. Nothing is stopping NVIDIA to use multi monitors and they will. No need to get permission from AMD, pay for license and be dependent on ATI drivers.

As for the other physics you mention, they are not limited for use by one company only.

Yes PhysX is absolutely worthless for millions of gamers that use ATI product, funny you say NVIDIA is doing legwork.

Just about everybody who doesn't buy NVIDIA product ONLY is critical about how the PhysX is being used by NVIDIA. People like to see in game physic that are not limited for use by one company ONLY.

Anyway hope to see some open standard part of DirectX soon, in the meantime as I said before, HAVOC is 100% better it runs on my PC without any hacking and buying an additional Graphic Card.

------------------------------------------------------------
Core i7 980X EE @ 4316 MHz 1.35V - Corsair Hydro Series H50
ASUS Rampage II Extreme - Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 12GB Triple-Channel
Sapphire HD 6990 - ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe
Intel X25-M 160GB 34nm G2 SSD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 32mb
Cosmos S Case - Corsair HX1000W PSU
Pioner Blu-ray Burner 6X BD-R - Westinghouse LVM-37w3, 37inch 1080p
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel - Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
Sennheiser RS 180 - Windows 7 64-bit Pro
Heinz68 is offline   Reply With Quote