View Single Post
Old 04-06-10, 03:07 PM   #102
Ninja Prime

Default Re: Physx Games Coming out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2 View Post
Am I missing something here? Allow me to suggest that you look up the definition of "prevalent." To me, 38% of the market who own ATI or Intel is "prevalent" as in "widely existing." It's not the majority (which I never said it was,) but that is certainly "widely existing."

Now, if you think that a developer is going to spend time coding a feature that 38% of the market will never get to experience, then you go on and believe it. However, the fact that you can only pull 15 titles that either exist or are in development using GPU-based PhysX pretty much proves my point.

And that 31% for ATI will most likely grow given the disappointment that Fermi has turned out to be thus far.
Look at the breakdown Xion. Rollo likes to be a PR fanboy but the breakdown tells a different story:

Top card is the 4800 series. 5800 and 5700 series cards have climbed every month while NVs cards above them have pretty much fallen every month. 5800 and 5700 series combined have sold almost as much in 6 months as the GTX 260 has in almost two years. At current rates, 5800 and 5700 series cards will take the top spot on the list in 4-5 months. If you look at the trends, NV is likely to lose ~4-5% marketshare before they even get budget cards out.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote