View Single Post
Old 04-07-10, 10:42 PM   #24
Heinz68

Default Re: The wait is over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
Did ATI help Nvidia with their Eyefinity technology? No?

From what I have been told, Nvidia does not have a mind to keep PhysX from AMD/ATI but instead wants to see it be used as an industry standard.

You do need SLI to run three monitors with Nvidia due to having two connectors and you want SLI anyways as stereoscopic gaming means you reduce the framerate you have in 2d. If you render each frame twice instead of once logic dictates that will happen.
Yes you make lots of sense. NVIDIA is realy trying hard to make PhysX industry standard, that is why they're blocking even they own cards from using PhysX when ATI card is detected on the system.

More accurate would be they are trying to make it as industry standard with ATI dead.

Intel did buy HAVOK, I don't see them blocking it on AMD CPU if they did we probably would see few lawsuits.

Or what about if Intel gets half decent Graphic Card and start blocking both ATI and NVIDIA from using HAVOK. There are about 120 HAVOK PC games right now.

Intel has more money than AMD and NVIDIA together, it should be easy for them to buy enough game developers to run such scheme and claim they are trying to make HAVOC industry standard as an excuse.

------------------------------------------------------------
Core i7 980X EE @ 4316 MHz 1.35V - Corsair Hydro Series H50
ASUS Rampage II Extreme - Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 12GB Triple-Channel
Sapphire HD 6990 - ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe
Intel X25-M 160GB 34nm G2 SSD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 32mb
Cosmos S Case - Corsair HX1000W PSU
Pioner Blu-ray Burner 6X BD-R - Westinghouse LVM-37w3, 37inch 1080p
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel - Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
Sennheiser RS 180 - Windows 7 64-bit Pro