View Single Post
Old 04-09-10, 02:51 AM   #11
t3hl33td4rg0n
Dethklok Returns!

Send a message via AIM to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via MSN to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via Yahoo to t3hl33td4rg0n
Default Re: LAMP Templating/CMS Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Yea there are some limitations to AJAX. Mostly that older browsers don't really support it and different browsers handle things differently.
One thing that has always worked for me (as far as I could tell) is using a very simple AJAX object where I send the request to the server-side script, then have the script do all the processing, then spit out the HTML. I call it include. It didnt do any JSON or XML output, just HTML.

It takes 2 parameters, the server-side script URI, and the output object. As far as I could see, it worked in all the browsers as intended, even IE6. Also wrote a handful of other functions that would take care of any extra document processing after include() was finished. They would work in a find/replace, or just edit some <divs>. Either way it worked quite well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrox
jQuery takes care of the cross browser issues.
I need to look into that, I have a developer friend that swears by it and I've always heard good things. Anything that makes cross browser design/layout easier is a plus in my book!

Intel QX9650 @ 3.83GHzXFX 780ieVGA GTX 560Ti8GB GSkill DDR800Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-ESeagate 1.5TB . 4x Samsung 2TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
....it's so clear how government makes things worse not better...
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote