View Single Post
Old 04-19-10, 07:30 PM   #181
Raptorman
Former Marine

Send a message via MSN to Raptorman Send a message via Yahoo to Raptorman
Default Re: Official "I just got a Geforce GTX 470/480" thread

My Thermaltake Toughpower 1000w arrived today and I finally have my PC back-up. This PSU is plenty enough to drive two GTX 480's and my GTX 260.

Now that I've had some time to play with these 480's they are wonderful. It's nice to play Metro 2033 with all the bells and whistles turned on. It's even playable with Advanced DOF (I am running SLI though). I am very pleased, and very happy with this investment.

Temperature doesn't seem to be too big of a deal. The hottest GPU is in the middle slot and it peaked at 95 C, and I have a rather small case. Note: I run my GPU fans at 100% all the time.

Attached a screenshot of my idle temps after about an hour of Metro 2033. Seems to be stable at these temps when idle.

EDIT: After playing Metro 2033 for several hours I checked my temps and the 480 in the middle slot was up to 95 C, ouch. No problems though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gputemp.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	40037  
Not As Mean, Not As Lean, But Still A Marine
Ramadi 2006, 22 MEU 2007
3rd Battalion 8th Marines WPNS CO
"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat."
RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995
Raptorman is offline   Reply With Quote