Thread: GTX 470 Sli
View Single Post
Old 04-26-10, 01:29 AM   #80
jimmyjames123

Default Re: GTX 470 Sli

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunner View Post
Interesting results from this guy http://www.overclock.net/graphics-ca...70-vs-sli.html

Triple 5870s easily beat two 480s in most cases and even three 480s. The 480s just didn't scale as well in a 3-way config. I kinda want to get a 3rd 5870 and experiment now. I'd never use 3-way 5870 on the current mobo though since that means I'd have to sacrifice hardware PhysX.
Interesting comparison? LOL, are you kidding me? The framerates shown in that link are ridiculously high, so even a single GPU is not getting stressed. Also, the fact that there is very little gain from SLI to Tri-SLI on the GTX 480 either indicates CPU bottleneck or that the drivers are not well tuned for Tri/Quad SLI.

The mere fact that these graphs don't shown minimum framerates and don't seem to stress the GPU at all (using more demanding games, or ultra high res, or ultra high AA) make them pretty useless.

Finally, the more appropriate comparison for Tri-Crossfire 5870 is Tri-SLI GTX 470. Tri-SLI GTX 470 has more raw horsepower than SLI GTX 480.
jimmyjames123 is offline   Reply With Quote