View Single Post
Old 04-28-10, 07:39 PM   #4
luke bewsell

Default Re: intermittent failure to detect both screens on fx4800 with recent drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by danix View Post
Thanks for reporting this. This sounds similar to an issue we are currently investigating.
Can you provide me some links to the similar issues you are getting?

Quote:
The Quadro FX 4800 has one DVI, and two DisplayPort connectors. The HP LP2475w has both DVI and DP.

How are these monitors connected? One is showing up as dual-link TDMS, and one single link. I'm assuming you're using a dual-link DVI cable for one, and a passive DVI single link DP-DVI dongle for the other.
The secondary monitor is running over a normal DVI cable to port 1 of the monitor.
The primary monitor is running a display port -> dual link dvi converter. From the dual-link connection we are running a normal dvi cable to port 1 of the other monitor.

Quote:
Is the monitor that fails always the one on the DP dongle, if a dongle is used?
yes

Quote:
Does disabling hot plug detect support on the monitor(s) make the issue go away?
No, I've turned off all auto select feature and power off features on both monitors. It appears that once the monitor goes into standby mode and a logout(restart x session) occurs. That monitor will fail on the adapter.
luke bewsell is offline   Reply With Quote