View Single Post
Old 05-02-10, 12:59 PM   #30
Son Goku

Default Re: I wana play WoW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
I'm at 70 already, so obviously I can deal with it. A lot of ppl gank, but most of the time, if you don't attack someone, they won't attack you back. But if you do, they're coming back with friends most of the time.

I'm a frost mage. We got a real nice buff with 3.02, and my gear is half-decent (got some PvP epics), so I can pretty much hold my own.
This depends on the server, and the balance. I've done some lvling on 2 PvP realms, barthilas where I have horde, and thaurissan where I have ali. On barth it's pretty much as you describe. You see a little action but up through the 40s it isn't really that much.

On Thaur it's a different story entirely; though the realm population is like 3.51 horde to 1 ali. Around 18-30 you are seeing a little ganking (akin to what one didn't see on barth till STV). STV there is about what Tanaris is on Barth. Tanaris, forget it, it's easier lvling in the random dungeon finder. There's 80 horde there all day who will AoE down the Gadgetzan gaurds to gank you (well perhaps not all day, but you get my drift). And mind you, you know they're geared to AoE down lvl 77s without sweating or feeling it much.

Latter on, well... The WGs usually don't go well and don't tend to change hands; basically it's over when it starts most of the time though perhaps some finally started getting better at it, else the horde got bored of doing VoA all the time I never saw anything like that on other realms, and I had played on others, including some PvP such as Barthilas.

Now mind you, I'm no angel. I've killed low lvls before when I happen to be there; though I hadn't exactly spent my entire day camping areas (outside the standard old raid on SS/Tarren Mill, Westfalls/x-roads, etc. I think some must spend their entire days, and well bliz could stand to balance the population a lil more by perhaps opening free realm transfers to one faction only and closing off the creation of chars to the other faction entirely to those who don't have that faction on the server already. But in the end that will be for them to decide.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote