View Single Post
Old 05-07-10, 02:24 PM   #389
Muppet

Default Re: Official "I just got a Geforce GTX 470/480" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
I don't think I'm going to be able to get to crazy with the overclocking sadly...

The card is so much shorter than my GTX 260 that my sound card actually covers up about half of the fan, so my temps are definitely higher than they should be.

Also, this thing is pretty freaking loud... I don't know what kind of case fans most people here are running but this 470 at 70-80% fan speed is easily the loudest fan I've heard in quite some time, and that's a normal operating speed under load. Its a little ridiculous actually. I was running the Cryostasis benchmark with the sound turned off and as the fan got louder and louder I actually got a bit uncomfortable, thinking something was wrong.

I'm messing with the fan speeds and some overclocking right now, but 95C with an incredibly loud fan (while running Kombustor...) is far from comfortable for me.
That is very loud for a single card, that's for sure. Is there anyway you are able to move the soundcard to a different slot.

Using MSI afterburner, i have both of my cards idling at 43 degrees at 52% fan speed. Mucking about with the fan settings I have been playing around with Metro 2033 and the highest temp was 75 degrees with 80% fan speed. I wear Headphones and so the fans aren't audible to me. If I wasn't using the headphones though, I would turn down the fan speed a few percent.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote