View Single Post
Old 05-07-10, 02:26 PM   #390
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w
Default Re: Official "I just got a Geforce GTX 470/480" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
I don't think I'm going to be able to get to crazy with the overclocking sadly...

The card is so much shorter than my GTX 260 that my sound card actually covers up about half of the fan, so my temps are definitely higher than they should be.

Also, this thing is pretty freaking loud... I don't know what kind of case fans most people here are running but this 470 at 70-80% fan speed is easily the loudest fan I've heard in quite some time, and that's a normal operating speed under load. Its a little ridiculous actually. I was running the Cryostasis benchmark with the sound turned off and as the fan got louder and louder I actually got a bit uncomfortable, thinking something was wrong.

I'm messing with the fan speeds and some overclocking right now, but 95C with an incredibly loud fan (while running Kombustor...) is far from comfortable for me.
You need to set-up a custom fan profile in afterburner. I don't let my fan go above 65% and my card only hits high 80's playing bfbc2 for a few hours (and thats at 800 core 1.075v)

If you want to hear something funny set the fan to 100%. Just make sure you're not right by the card
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote