View Single Post
Old 05-07-10, 05:45 PM   #402
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Default Re: Official "I just got a Geforce GTX 470/480" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
Just played another round of BFBC2 and again, the performance isn't much different than my last card, though it didn't seem slow at all. I think its due to the improved shadows and lighting in DX11. I noticed it more on the map I just played.

Still... for $330 plus overclocking I was hoping for a large performance improvement.

I'm not really sure what to do here. I bought the card on whim because of the low price... but with the heat and noise issues I'm having, and the lack of a noticeable improvement over my last card... meh... I'm actually considering just selling this thing. I could probably make a few bucks or break even.

Alternatively, I could spend another $200 buying a new case and a new sound card to make this card comfy...
Well go into my documents\BFBC2\settings.ini and for DirectX version set it to 10. Should be on AUTO now, change that to =10. Run the game and see if thats faster. Between DX10 and 11 I notice a large performance hit with GTX 480. Unlike my HD5807 which ran DX11 great the GTX 480 doesn't.

Try it in DX10 and let us know if that seems / benchmarks / feels faster. At least even the playing field with your last card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote