View Single Post
Old 05-18-10, 02:33 AM   #24
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Default Re: Fullscreen-SG/RGSSAA with Fermi via TRSSAA (OGL, D3D10/11)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltigre88 View Post
Jesus I have a fricken headache from reading this thread......
Then why do you even enter a thread with the name SG/RGSSAA ?? if u dont know sh*t about the different types of anti-aliasing and supersampling/downsamplings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
The pic does show SSAA. Look at the first screen again. Look at the barbed wire at the top, or the chain to the left or right of the sight. The part that's zoomed in only looks worse because it's in fact zoomed in.

You can try this in any game and it works. Or better yet just enable it and run a benchmark and look at the performance hit. I use it in most of my games now and you can definitely tell that it's sampling the entire screen and there is a dramatic quality difference between using the in-game AA settings and this bug. The hit is much higher than just using TSAA.
Ok, let me get this straight. For some reason, there is only a small difference in the two BC2 pics u posted. The difference is so small that it could just be regular TSAA. Because the experience i have from 2x2 and 3x2 SSAA is that the quality gets perfect for fences and transparent textures. Not just slightly better as in your pics. Also the real hard edge which is no a alpha texture in your pics, (the diagonal line, probably a part of the mountain-slope or something) isn't looking better than the first pic. TSAA does nothing to regular 3d object lines. That could also strengthen my theory that this isn't real SSAA, just TSAA. Can you take another comparison set of pics from another place in the game plz? Where u can see the trees which has alpha textures for its leaves and also the stem/strain which is 3d solid. So i can see the effect better than just from a sky+plain fence+slope. Need more to judge on.