View Single Post
Old 05-19-10, 12:30 AM   #80
Zelda_fan

Default Re: Starcraft 2 - JULY 27TH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon View Post
It's fun and all to get *that* much into a computer game. But as an adult with a high pressure job, a long term girlfriend, a new house and garden to maintain and a bachelor degree starting next semester, it would be crazy for me to devote the sort of time needed to be really good at this game. same goes for any game with extreme competition. At the end of the day, it's just a hobby and there is no reward at the end for being good at a computer game (unless you are really, really good), no one will care and the only satisfaction you will get you will only be able to keep to yourself or share with a bunch of guys on the internet that you've probably never met in real life.

at least if you play a team sport or something you get to make real life friends and your health benefits.
t
I guess I am just getting old
I stopped playing the beta two weeks ago for that exact reason. I was actually playing with my little brother and it was a lot of fun, but too much of a time investment to get really good at it. It stopped becoming a fun hobby for me, and I began to start wasting my time on it. That's when I just pull the plug and cool off for a while. Computer games are really addictive if you aren't careful.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote