View Single Post
Old 05-20-10, 11:58 AM   #13
dk75

Default Re: Nvidia Ion, Ubuntu Karmic and Composite

I did that with my old gfx, GF9500 256MB (I had too low memory errors with VDPAU) but this config is long gone.
Here is the only thing that left - maybe you will figure it out.

~/.xinitrc.vdpau
Code:
#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/nvidia-settings --config=/home/dk75/.nvidia-settings-rc --ctrl-display=:1 --load-config-only
sleep 2
/usr/local/bin/mplayer -noconfig all -vo vdpau -vc ffh264vdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffvc1vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau -demuxer lavf -alang eng,en,jpn,jp,pol,pl -slang eng,en,pol,pl -mc 2 -softvol -softvol-max 200 -ass -fontconfig -fs -tskeepbroken -tsprobe 100000 "$1"
~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts/Play\ with\ VDPAU...
Code:
gksudo xhost +localhost; sudo xinit /home/dk75/.xinitrc.vdpau "$1" -- :1 -config "/etc/X11/xorg.conf-vdpau" -depth 24 -audit 0 -auth /etc -nolisten tcp -a 2 &
/etc/X11/xorg.conf-vdapu is basically this same as you primary one but with added at the end
Code:
Section "Extensions"
	Option		"Composite"	"Disable"
EndSection
and .nvidia-settings-rc you could prepare different (with new name, like .nvidia-settings-rc-vdpau so it will be not replaced during normal desktop settings testing) or not.

With that you run any VDPAU accelerated file with RightMouseButton on it and by choseing Play with VDPAU... from pulldown menu.
And it should close this new separate screen after closing mplayer.

OK. I've tested it right now and it works. The only thing is that it needs user to type its password and user must be sudoers (administrator privileged).
  • Xorg/XServer 7.6+12/1.11.4
  • GNOME 3.2.2

Last edited by dk75; 05-24-10 at 12:09 PM.
dk75 is offline   Reply With Quote