View Single Post
Old 05-25-10, 09:10 AM   #15
Madpistol
It's a wittle baby!

Send a message via AIM to Madpistol
Default Re: Dual Fermi GTX 490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltigre88 View Post
Not sure why there are sooooo many ATI fans on an Nvidia website?????? Can't imagine having over 22,000 post on a brand I don't use........
Oh please.... Fanboy comment of the day right here.

I bought a 5870 because nvidia had NOTHING on the market that was comparable to it when I decided to upgrade. 6 months later, they release the GTX 4xx cards with high TDP, heavy heat output, and an average of 10% performance advantage over similar products...

So here I am posting on an nvidia fan site with an ATI card. Funny enough, I've been straight ticket nvidia ever since I got into computers and GPU's. Hell, I even bought that joke of a graphics card called the FX 5900, which didn't even fully support DX9. And then the one time that nvidia doesn't have an answer for ATI's cards, I jump ship and start getting called an ATI fanboy...

I'm glad nvidia is able to come out with a dual-GPU solution. As expected, though, it will not be within the 300w PCI-e envelope of power. I don't think any of us expected that anyway due to the power used by the GTX 480 already.

I look forward to seeing some reviews. I do hope that it will beat the 5970 so that we can finally have some competition and price drops in this market. Nvidia needs to get on the ball and release their mid to low end products too. ATI is destroying them in that area currently.

MadPistol's Rig

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (RB-C3) @ 4Ghz, 1.425 Vcore, 1.25V NB VID
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm fan)
Gigabyte UD3H AM3 790GX motherboard
XFX Radeon HD 5870
PNY XLR8 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality Titanium
OCZ Vertex II 120GB SSD (OS drive)
Western Digital 500GB Caviar (black)
Western Digital 640GB Blue
Samsung DVD burner
Logitech MX performance mouse
Logitech G15 keyboard
Corsair HX 750-watt Modular PSU