View Single Post
Old 05-28-10, 06:48 AM   #19
Sean_W

Default Re: Performance regressions with 256.25 driver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiresquire View Post
Please explain why that is so? The phoronix article basically says "We tested 1 laptop, and there is a performance regression on it. To quote from the article:
"At least in select software/hardware configurations the NVIDIA 256.25 Linux display driver does carry some hefty performance regressions".

It's entirely valid for phoronix to post the result from the machine they tested. If you disagree with their methodology, then say why. If you don't see regressions or see improvements, then that's great, and post your specs. Don't bitch at phoronix for posting theirs.

My reply above was specifically to moroninite, who started raving on about filesystem benchmarks when the benchmark in question is about nvidia cards and the 256.x driver.

BTW, Sean_W, why do you say it would be better testing on a high and low end PC vs a laptop mobile GPU?

ws
I never said it's invalid but I would have 'preferred' to see a desktop setup test. Linux users generally run lower system specs due to Linux being lighter. I like to see a Fermi test as well with the new betas.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote