View Single Post
Old 05-29-10, 04:01 PM   #551
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Official "I just got a Geforce GTX 465/470/480" thread

I tried Metro 2033 and add that to Battlefield BC2 as a game that greatly benefits from it... went from medium and 30fps to high and 50fps. Still, it's not ultra high with AA on and in DX11... that gets me 13fps.

I'm sure you guys are right about the overclock and how it would effect performance, but I am also sure lead developers at Valve know a thing or two as well. In the end I think my main problem is wanting too much from the card, or needing to upgrade all my specs across the board, and I am not going to do that right now. By the time the next generation of cards come out, the GTX 500s and such, I'll be able to just build an all new rig from scratch. That sounds more like what I need to do.

I'll keep looking into it over the weekend though... if I can overclock my CPU while I still have the 5870 in there and see some amazing advantages then I might hold on to it.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote