View Single Post
Old 05-30-10, 10:31 AM   #555
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Official "I just got a Geforce GTX 465/470/480" thread

So my local CompUSA has a good returns policy and I went ahead and got a 470 to try it out. I have to say, overall, despite what the benchmarks say, this card is better on my system. Many games run better than they did on the 5870 (games not often benchmarked) and overall I actually saw a difference in pretty much every game, getting 5-10fps more in most titles. Metro 2033 runs great at high settings in DX10, which it certainly did not before.

That said, is it a $350 difference? I am not sure... tempted to say no. Magus thinks I might be PSU limited (600w) and everyone here thinks I am CPU limited... the truth will take some investigation.

Still, given the overall increase in game performance, which I did NOT see with the 5870, I am tempted to keep the card and figure out how to get more from it. Or maybe trade it in for a 480, but that would require a new PSU and my girl trying to kill me.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote