View Single Post
Old 06-03-10, 02:01 AM   #30
Viral
Registered User of Women

Default Re: TV recommendation.

I haven't seen much of the new Sony TV's but I'm not a fan of the extra thick bezel on them. I picked up a 2nd gen 46" Z series for $2000AUD with free BD player last December and the bezel is damn thin for such a large TV. They seem to have gone backwards by a large margin compared to this old model, even on the LED backlit series (although not as much). Minor annoyance that you will only notice if you're used to thin bezels, so probably best you ignore this rant.

On the other hand I have to say the difference between my old W series and my new Z series is night and day. The Z series is particularly better for viewing at angles. Yes these are both old models so the difference might not be as large anymore, but definitely have a look at the TV you're considering in a shop before purchasing online. That said I always find it harder to properly compare in the shop.... ok now I'm not helping at all.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote