Thread: Ubuntu 10.04
View Single Post
Old 06-06-10, 03:48 PM   #103
Sean_W

Default Re: Ubuntu 10.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
My clients at work have the same rule! How odd!

Just got done installing/updating/editing Ubuntu on my desktop and I'm just blazing when it comes to just about anything.

I did want to share my little software checklist with you guys. This is the checklist I've had since late 06 and it's still not completely checked off:

* Microsoft Office - Check. I haven't read up about Office 2010 yet but I'm sure it's in the works. 2007 will do for now if I have to.

* Adobe Photoshop CS3 - Not checked. I'm a PS addict and if I have to edit pics, I use it because I think I'm pretty good at it. I can get stuff done quick too.

* Gaming - I'm trying real hard to lay low on the gaming stuff for a while. I recently realized how much time I'm wasting playing games, but I'm not going to quit cold turkey. I still want to enjoy some of my games.

* Compatibility with my iPod Touch - Non checked. Songbird used to play nice until the plug-in devs quit working on it. Any hints?

I've still got some customization I want to. I'll post a screenie later.
Try The GIMP or if you really need to, PS CS2 will work just fine using WINE. You might want to try Banshee in regard to your iPod.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote