- Dell Latitude E6400 with buildin LED-Backlit Flatpanel at 1440x900
- HP LP2475w Desktop flat monitor at 1920x1200 attached at displayport
- Samsung SyncMaster 2253BW attached via Kensington DisplayLink USB-GraphicCard .
- further details see bug-report.log
Get a three-monitor-setup working.
- my Standard xorg.conf looks like xorg.conf.1 and works well. nvidia-settings works well also. nice piece of work here.
- I gave the depricated "nv"-driver a try. xorg.conf.3 is the config used for this setup. All works well.
- my enhanced xorg looks is attached as xorg.conf.2. When I start this one via
I get the logentries in "nvidia-bug-report.txt". In human readable words, xserver starts, first displaylink-monitor pops brown, then laptop then hp. This is when I can move the mouse for a split second. then laptop goes black again, hp goes black again and xserver crashes with a segmentation fault.
startx -- :1 -nolisten tcp
- if I boot up xserver and gdm shows up for login and I select "gnome safe mode" graphics do work until nvidia-settings is launched
it works with "nv"-driver and does not work with "nvidia" driver. chances are high that nvidia-driver is causing the problems. can you hint me where to search next?
thanks in advance