View Single Post
Old 06-09-10, 08:14 PM   #23
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Default Re: Valve sucks! E3 announcment is gonna be Portal 2 which is out 2011 , no HL3/Ep3 :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
The engine it self isn't what originally got people hyped about Source- it was HL2 and what Valve was able to do back then. Physics weren't a big aspect of most games back then- but HL2 via the Source engine actually started promoting physics in games well before any other title did- and that was using Havok and CPU based.

HDR was introduced with Source, and incorporated into HL2. I guess I'm saying that HL2 sold the source engine and made it successful, not the other way around. If Valve just introduces Source 2 with no ground-breaking and highly anticipated title to go alone with it... the announcement wont be nearly as big.
Mark my words, a good engine can make or break a game. Doom 3 engine broke ET: Quake Wars IMO. Source Engine made HL2 and L4D series IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
If Valve just introduces Source 2 with no ground-breaking and highly anticipated title to go alone with it... the announcement wont be nearly as big.
Well originally when you said "I'd be content, but not over joyed." you were quoting me saying "If Source Engine 2, and Portal 2 running on it"..

Regarding HL3 I wouldn't say never.. Personally I kind of think (granted I also hope) that Half-Life 3 will come at some point, I just think that Valve is saying that they'd like to make other things for now.. Develop Portal perhaps L4D franchise, or more likely create new stuff.. then who knows if they feel like making a kickass HL3 in 8-10 years time
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote