View Single Post
Old 06-10-10, 01:06 PM   #51
Redeemed

Default Re: Youtube: Crysis 2 game play

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Hunts one of those who consider it to run poorly unless you can max it on an 8800.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
I don't think I should run it max on an 8800, but it shouldn't run as poorly as it does. Yes, it runs fine on PCs NOW, but it shouldn't take years before a computer can actually run a game maxed out. IMHO, God of War 3 looks better and it runs fine on a PS3... so...
Quote:
I think Crysis is probably still the best looking game that is trying to look realistic... I can't even think of anything that would compete with it in that realm, honestly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Future proofing your game is fine... I don't need to run it maxed out instantly. But the fact remains that Crysis 1 was unoptimized garbage.
Quote:
Whatever... for how amazing it looks it runs damn good.
Last time I played Crysis I was actually enjoying SLi 32xAA with all in-game options maxed (DX10)... this is with measly dual 8800GTXs. At some points I think it dropped to near 17fps... but I'm more forgiving than many so I can understand how people would find that not playable. For me- it was enjoyable. Drop the AA down and it ran smooth as butter.

This is with two cards that are 4 years old. That's impressive IMO...
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote