View Single Post
Old 06-10-10, 01:46 PM   #56
Redeemed

Default Re: Youtube: Crysis 2 game play

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Im calling bull**** on that. Sorry but I had SLi GTX 260s and couldn't even play with 4xAA at a playable framerate with settings maxed. Was SLi 32xAA even available on the 8800GTXs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
maybe he thought that aa is applied and it wasnt working but he got fooled ? I got myself fooled sometimes when aa isnt as much easily visible in game becouse of extensive use of motion blur..
Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
It's easy to see AA in Crysis, the game looks as jagged as hell without it due to the brighness and amount of foilage.
Ya'll may be right. I just played it some. At first I had SLi x8 set via NVCP, and all in-game options maxed. Was getting slightly better than what I said.

Then, I went into NVCP and changed AA to SLi x32Q and played through the same part- game looked identical to the prior run and performance was near comparable. I'm guessing the AA isn't sticking then?

Anywho- I'm uploading some screenshots. I'll add them to this post soon as they're uploaded.

EDIT1: Okay, first batch from SLi x8 AA run is uploaded. Still waiting for the SLi x32Q shots to upload.

***WARNING!!! SCREENSHOTS ARE FULL SIZE (1680 X 1050)***

SLi x8 AA:

Looking at those screenshots I have to wonder if any AA is being applied. If so- doesn't look like it's much more than 2xAA. I have it set to over-ride in-game settings via NVCP. Maybe I also have to use in-game AA settings for it to work?

When the rest of the shots are done I'll upload them for comparison sake. Also have shots of the NVCP settings and CPU-z just to remove any doubt ya'll may have...
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote