Old 06-16-10, 10:08 AM   #19
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Crysis 2 E3 video/screen shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeCgUzLzrZo

PC footage (ignore the description. At the end you will see that it exits to Windows )
Pre-recorded from Xbox footage. The gameplay itself had all 360 control button indicators in the game.

Anyways, the game looks awesome and it's pretty apparent that they've done a LOT of work on the engine to get it looking that good and having it run that smoothly on the 360.

given the scalability of the engine, it'll be interesting to see if they are able to get away with more detail and stuff on the PS3 port of the game or if they just leave it as is. My gut feeling is that it'll be left alone to not steal thunder away from the 360 given that MS and Crytek just inked a new deal.

All that being said, I'll still be getting it on pc. I also think that Cevat Yerli doesn't quite understand what "sandbox" truly is. giving the player a few more ways to kill whatever the game's script throws at them is NOT SANDBOX. The mere fact that there are "levels" tells me that it's not a sandbox. Fallout, oblivion, stalker, GTA, Red Dead, etc are sandbox becuase you can go anywhere at any time.

/rant

that said, I don't have a problem with linear games if they're decent. I actually enjoyed SP MW2 despite being incredibly (well) scripted. With any luck, the new writer for crysis 2 can pull out a really great story for the game.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote