View Single Post
Old 06-21-10, 07:05 AM   #20
Xion X2

Default Re: B3D GTX-480 Thermal Study

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
Break open a newspaper. Let me give you a hint: Law suit between Intel and Nvidia. Issue is motherboards. ION in particular. This happened at same time as Fermi launch. Fermi and gaming grade GPUS are not that large a market. Other things like Tegra are becoming way more important.
That happened back in February, Darth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEC Q110 Financial Statement
On February 17, 2009, Intel Corporation filed suit against NVIDIA Corporation, seeking declaratory and injunctive relief relating to a
license agreement that the parties signed in 2004.
If you check the 6-month trending graph that I posted above, the stock did not begin its decline until mid-latter April after Fermi released and Nvidia downgraded its guidance going into next quarter.

And although Nvidia is in a few different sectors (workstation graphics, smart phones, etc) the "gaming" GPU market still makes up a significant portion of Nvidia's net income. Do you not think that if they had released a GPU that's been as widely sold as 5870 that it would've made a difference? AMD netted nearly 300 million in net income last quarter due to its GPU sector, about 30% of its overall earnings for the quarter.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote