View Single Post
Old 06-22-10, 07:52 PM   #56
dikinher
Grab em!

Default Re: Microsoft Reinvesting in PC Platform (Again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Well their agenda has been SELL XBOX but now from what I am reading their board members and such are not happy with the shift from PC focus overall, not just gaming, to Xbox and Kinect and Zune and crap like that. This resulted in the recent employee shake-ups and could be related to this.

MS makes all its money from Windows and other PC apps. While I think the Xbox has been making a profit for a couple years now it is still so far in the hole they might never climb out again and their other entertainment divisions still lose money. I bet Kinect loses money.

They need to take the PC back by the balls and hold on to it. That means a LOT more than gaming, but it is a part of it.
I agree. I frequent the teamxbox forums and there are many Mac users there who have swung to Valve's side of the fence since Mac support was implemented. There are also some who are considering to get the PS3 because its open platform followed by Valve's Steamworks. There are many Valve fanboys in those forums and they were just ripping on MS for not jump on to this.