View Single Post
Old 06-27-10, 10:52 AM   #13
LurkerLito

Default Re: Post the "Hidden Gems" games of Steam

I bought and played Avencast last night and for $2.49 it was worth the price. It's a bit slow and the controls are a bit weird at first, but it works for it. It's feels like a mix of Diablo and some mechanics from Devil May Cry. You will need to dodge shots like DMC by double tapping the movement keys (W,S,A,D), and you can cast spells and mana enhanced physical attacks by performing SF2 like special move movements (right, up, mouse 2 casts an Ice Ball spell) or assigning it to a hot key F1 - F4. Like Diablo you get to loot stuff but the loot system isn't that great IMHO. You search the object and it opens a dialog box, then you need to use your mouse to press take all or click on the items you want. Pressing any other key closes the dialog but does NOT take any items. Since I only played the beginning so far, it seems to be a dungeon crawler, not sure if it changes later.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote