Thread: First BSOD
View Single Post
Old 06-27-10, 02:21 PM   #1
Albo

Unhappy First BSOD

After having Windows 7 on this PC for more than 6 months, I have my first BSOD. I don't know where to start. This is the first time I have ever had a BSOD. It occured twice, and both times I was playing Counter Strike: Source. In the middle of the game, the screen goes blue and text appears, and my PC restarts.
The first time it happened, yesterday, when it started up, Kaspersky told me the databases are corrupted, and it updated and that fixed it.
Then today when it BSOD' again, it didn't do anything, just restarted, then Windows 7 told me Windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown.
I really have no idea where to start. I scanned with Malwarebytes, and that found nothing. I have no idea how this could occur. I haven't been torrenting in almost 2 months. No downloads since then as well. No bad sites. I've tried to keep my PC clean for a while.

So where do I start so that this doesn't happen again?

Also, I have no idea if this is related, but when I play TF2, or CSS, the game crashes sometimes and all it tells me is hl2.exe has stopped responding.