Thread: First BSOD
View Single Post
Old 06-27-10, 04:23 PM   #2
ViN86

Default Re: First BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albo View Post
After having Windows 7 on this PC for more than 6 months, I have my first BSOD. I don't know where to start. This is the first time I have ever had a BSOD. It occured twice, and both times I was playing Counter Strike: Source. In the middle of the game, the screen goes blue and text appears, and my PC restarts.
The first time it happened, yesterday, when it started up, Kaspersky told me the databases are corrupted, and it updated and that fixed it.
Then today when it BSOD' again, it didn't do anything, just restarted, then Windows 7 told me Windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown.
I really have no idea where to start. I scanned with Malwarebytes, and that found nothing. I have no idea how this could occur. I haven't been torrenting in almost 2 months. No downloads since then as well. No bad sites. I've tried to keep my PC clean for a while.

So where do I start so that this doesn't happen again?

Also, I have no idea if this is related, but when I play TF2, or CSS, the game crashes sometimes and all it tells me is hl2.exe has stopped responding.
Ahh to be young and never have used Windows ME.

Check your Event Viewer in Administrative Tools in your Control Panel. See what the error says. Also test your memory with Memtest86. Make sure all your hardware is properly seated (make sure your video card is pushed in all the way and didn't come loose, etc.).

Post the error from the Event Viewer here. It should be in the System or Applications menu and will have a red flag next to it. Have you changed drivers recently?