06-28-10, 02:24 PM
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murrieta, U.S./Taunton, U.K.
HTC EVO Update
I just got an update...hopefully WiFi is a lot faster.
To EVO customers:
An OTA, over-the-air maintenance release, software version 1.47.651.1, has been released!! You will either receive a notification on the device that an update is available, or you can check for the updated version by going to Settings > System Updates > HTC software update.
HTC EVO 4G Software version 1.47.651.1
* Improvements to Wi-Fi performance
* Exchange Active Sync improvements, including fix to issues with new account setup, PIN policy usage and Exchange Calendar 2010 Sync
* Addresses Facebook sync issue which can improve battery performance
* Customers will be notified that an update is available. The download will take a couple minutes (depending on the device connection) and the install will take a couple minutes which includes an automatic power cycle. Download will take a couple minutes if in 3g coverage.
* HTC servers will push the OTA update on a daily basis.
* FOTA server will check for old software version and prompt once a day on units without the latest firmware until customer accepts.
WARNING - Rooted Devices:
* Most likely rooted devices will not accept or even receive the update which is expected and why roots void warranty.