View Single Post
Old 07-03-10, 09:55 PM   #373
FearMeAll

Default Re: Post your HDTV displays here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
It lives..

Still trying to decide what the best movie management solution is... boxee, windows media center, powerdvd 10's menu, etc...
Windows 7 with XBMC has been working wonderfully for me. I stream all my HD movie rips, which are reencoded with BD Rebuilder, (150 so far) from my office pc thanks to the easy homegroup feature.

XBMC is great because of how it organizes all my TV shows as well by the title, season, and episode and the scrapers work great. My office pc does nothing but encode video and store it these days. But that's what 4.75 terabytes is for I guess.

I have never used boxee, but I really love XBMC. I would never use Windows Media Center. I tried it once and ran into problems immediately. XBMC is great because of how it can adjust for overscan and have custom aspect ratios for each movie as well as offcenter the timing of the video, audio, or subtitles if you ever have a syncing problem.
[FONT="Courier New"] HTPC: Intel Wolfdale 3ghz, 4 gigs DDR2 800 ram, 500gig HDD, Craptastic 7600GS, Windows 7 32bit, XBMC installed [/FONT] :D
[B]My Video Encoding/Office rig:[/B] [I] Intel QX9650 @ 3ghz, 1333mhz FSB, 4gigs Patriot Extreme DDR3 @ 1333mhz, XFX 790i 3-way Sli mobo, Xf-Fi Extreme Gamer, 400watt Fanless Power Supply, 9500GT 64-bit bus(ouch!), 8.750TB HDD, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate. [B][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Everything at stock and completely boring..[/FONT][/B][/I] :type:
FearMeAll is offline   Reply With Quote