View Single Post
Old 07-05-10, 01:45 AM   #5
Dragoran

Default Re: Accelerated OpenGL without X, is it possible? (just checking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eekee View Post
* Stability. Possibly not fair of me as it may have improved since I last used it, but the X server is a core system component, its stability is vital. On a desktop box it is as important as the kernel. I was not well pleased when X started to crash like I hadn't seen in years, just-about the time these "improvements" started coming in.

* hal and dbus. They both use XML. Dude, what? XML is monstrously and grotesquely inefficient. It's very inefficient for the computer to parse and far less readable for humans than many formats which were in use 20-30 years ago! How ridiculous! It's also rare for XML to inflate data size by less than 4 times and not unheard of for it to inflate data as much as 100 times beyond what's needed. Entirely apart from XML's issues there's DBUS itself, which I haven't looked at myself but I heard from someone who I trust to keep me from wasting my time: "sure DBUS does a useful job, but why would anyone do it that way?"

Isn't it kind of embarrassing to talk about stuff you obviously know nothing about?

Anyway this looks like trolling to me so I am out of this discussion.
Dragoran is offline   Reply With Quote