View Single Post
Old 07-16-10, 08:06 PM   #1
run2zion

Unhappy nVidia Corporation G94 [GeForce 9600 GT] (rev a1) --- X Completely Locks Up

My CentOS 5.5 system is having a problem where the entire X system just locks up. It happens semi-frequently (several times a day) Ctrl-Alt-Backspace won't even kill X ; power cycle is required.

I am attaching the nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file.

I am running dual headed Acer x233HZ (1920 x 1080) as a single Xinerama 3840x1080 pixels screen. I am using a GeForce 9600 GT. I have been having this problem using the latest Nvidia driver 256.35. I am not overclocked. Everything should be stock. GPU clock reports out at 600 Mhz and Memory Clock @ 900 Mhz.

I am suspecting the video driver at this point. There is nothing particularly interesting going on at the time of the lock up. It can happen while the system sits, or while I am moving the mouse or typing.

I have been scouring various news groups for hours trying to find some morsel of information that might get me past this issue. Nothing quite matches. Some of the bug reports I read point to heat. I don't think that is an issue as the thermal sensor shows 43-44C and the fan is running at 35 percent.

I can't think of anything else to add. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Richard Blalock
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (34.1 KB, 82 views)
run2zion is offline   Reply With Quote