View Single Post
Old 07-17-10, 08:10 AM   #677
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Default Re: Official "I just got a Geforce GTX 460/465/470/480" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the Haf-X. It looks to be a very nice case.
so far its great... The fans are whisper quiet, and I actually had to put a flashlight on them all to make sure they were working since the front is the only one that lights up. The inside has about the same room as a 1983 Chevy truck, and it makes cable management very easy. The case is a bit bigger than I thought it would be. It just dwarfs my Antec 900, but man its just awesome.

I really like the extra mounting areas for fans for GPU's. They must have been thinking of the 480 when they designed it.

edit.. got card installed and using latest WHQL drivers. This thing is crazy fast, and BFBC2 just seems all around smoother than my 5870. Using a custom fan profile I'm at about 84 degrees load with 80% fan speed. I don't think thats not too bad considering its 100 outside right now and hovering 80 in the house with AC ON. Going to wait until its cooler out to OC it, but I don't think it really needs it.

God I HATE Alabama in the summer.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.

Last edited by lIqUID; 07-20-10 at 08:31 PM.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote