View Single Post
Old 07-22-10, 01:06 PM   #32
Bman212121

Default Re: Mafia 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaStar View Post
Oh?

The physics in BFBC2 is 'horrible' and mostly pre-computed. Building destruction is pre-computed and only animations with some generated debris having simple physics. The rest of objects have utterly simplistic and quite bad physics with no regards to weight or proper gravity. A 2kg plastic cone has as much friction and mass as a 50kg concrete block which you can "kick" around as easily and it almost "flies" around!

They even move/react/collide the same way which goes to show how simplistic the physics is (like BF2). CoH brutally outdoes it in physics complexity and quality. Compelte annihilation and CoH is quite old game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon12 View Post
Honestly I really don't care that its scripted, or pre-computed. You shoot trees and snow comes out, hit them right and they fall. Building collapse after enough damage, true enough about kicking debris around.

I don't think we are gonna see physx used in popular multi player games like that ever.

I do have a gtx 260 that I am using for physx., and other than three titles I currently have its a waste.

I'd agree with bacon and bob. It may not be completely accurate, but most people are just happy to be able to move the tree out of the way. Much better than BF2 where a light pole will stop a tank dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
i love the fact that when you knock down tress on the snow level, snow goes everywhere. also when there is an explosion beside the trees. excellent touch. other than that, I really do not care if it is scripted or not. all i care is about shoving a rusty blade into someone's anus.
Oh man, I am so putting that in my sig.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote