View Single Post
Old 07-26-10, 08:34 AM   #9
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: New GPU, New Benchmarks!

Taken using my own config (though I was still making a couple of tweaks last night so it's not 100% ready) Hopefully I'll have it for you guys in a day or two.

And what I think I'm most proud of, night visuals. After hanging out a friends houses who live away from city life, on fully lit full moon nights, it's actually quite bright once your eyes have adjusted to the light. I messed around with the HDR and light settings to try to reproduce as accurately as I could the volume of light filling the world. All of the configs Iv'e tried look good during the day but fall flat on their face at night or have strange SSAO settings giving objects a hazy glow and overall are far too dark to see anything. Real life isn't like this so why should crysis be any different?

It's a tricky balance though. You don't want it to be too bright because shadows and stuff will be washed out during daylight but not so dark you can't see anything. In my opinion, my config has struck a near perfect balance. to Re4Xz0oRs's credit though, his is the best of any custom config from anyone else that I've seen in regards to this.

4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote